Non-Robotics Students seeking to add a Robotics Master’s Degree
The Robotics Department Graduate Committee will not accept dual degree applications from students whose primary program offers a Robotics option (e.g. ECE, MECHENG).
- Have demonstrated preparation and interest in robotics
- Minimum requirements are >3.5 cumulative Rackham GPA and B+ or better grades in ROB 501 and ROB 550. Fall 2023 applicants will not be required to have taken ROB 501 and ROB 550 before applying.
- You must meet with your current program advisor or graduate coordinator prior to submitting the application for dual admission. Upload the completed and signed Pre-Approval Form for Dual Admission in the online application.
- Complete the Rackham Dual Admission application. The required $10 application fee is payable via Visa or MasterCard.
- Prepare the following and send to email@example.com upon submitting your online application:
- U-M transcript (unofficial is okay)
- Paragraph explaining how you plan to fulfill the ROB 590 requirement. Attach confirmation from Robotics Department faculty that they have agreed to supervise your independent study.
Winter admission: December 1, 2022. Winter 2023 is the last Winter term for which the Robotics Department will accept dual degree applicants.
Fall admission: January 15
Current Robotics Students Applying to Other Programs
The Robotics Graduate Committee will not approve dual degrees with other programs that offer a Robotics option (e.g. ECE, MECHENG).
Current Robotics Students interested in applying to a dual degree in other programs should first meet with the program of interest to learn their requirements. After completing section A of the Pre-Approval Form for Dual Admission please submit the form to the Robotics Graduate Coordinator who will route the form to the Robotics Grad Chair (the Authorized Signer) for review.