The Robotics department will accept SUGS applications from undergraduates in the Robotics department. Applicants must be in their senior year and have a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Please review the SUGS Requirements document for further information.
Robotics SUGS Timeline
Action items in Fall 2023, if you are a:
Senior: Schedule an appointment with a Robotics Undergraduate Advisor. You will need to discuss your eligibility and a course plan for your degree. This term (Fall 2023) you will submit an intent to apply form*. You will also submit an official SUGS application before January 15th. You must schedule an advising appointment in order to receive access to the SUGS application.
*The intent to apply form must normally be submitted during a student’s junior year. Since the SUGS program has been newly created, we are accepting this form from Robotics seniors for Fall 2024 SUGS applications only.
Junior: Schedule an appointment with a ROB advisor. You will need to discuss your eligibility, course plan, and submitting the intent to apply form. This form must be submitted during the winter term of your junior year.
First or Second year Student: Review the SUGS eligibility requirements. While course plans can change significantly, it’s a good idea to start planning your courses now, as well as focusing on obtaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher (one of the SUGS eligibility criteria). There are no immediate action items during this part of your degree, but you are welcome to schedule an advising appointment if you would like to discuss SUGS with your advisor.
SUGS Required Forms:
- Intent to Apply form (submitted by the end of junior year)
- SUGS Application (Rackham application; submitted by January 15th of senior year)
- Includes one Letter of Recommendation, Statement of Purpose, Personal Statement, CV, publications / writing sample.
- Fall admission decisions will be made in late February through March, and Winter admissions decisions will be made in late October through November.
- The application link will be provided to students individually after scheduling an initial advising appointment and confirming they are eligible to apply.
- Can I apply to start SUGS Winter term if I’m graduating in a fall term? Yes, we accept winter term applicants. Since SUGS requires students to begin their graduate program immediately after finishing their undergraduate requirements, only students graduating in a fall term are eligible for winter admission. The deadline to apply for a winter term is August 1.
- Are non-ROB students able to apply to the ROB SUGS program? At this time, no. We will update this page once this changes.